User permissions will allow you to invite additional team members and partners to use the platform and gain insights into the parts of your business that affect them most. You can organize users based upon job function, experience level, marketing type and any other factors that differentiate their role in your business.
The permissions will provide limited access to specific reports and report views, as well as dashboards, connections, settings and more. The below guide will walk through the setting of individual User Permissions.
How to Add a User
- In the Home Menu hover over Other
- Drop-down the Permissions menu
- Click Users then + Add New or click on the User you would like to edit
- Enter User details
(click to expand)
Then the User configuration panel will appear.
You will then want to add all configuration details that apply to this user.
Email Address: A valid email address for the user. After the user is submitted, an activation email is sent to the user to complete the registration process.
Phone Number: The mobile phone number of the user to enable text message capabilities.
Group: User Groups are leveraged to assign the same permissions levels to a group of users. You can set Group permissions here.
User Type: Select a user type - the options are a standard user interface user or an API User.
In addition to the general Group level permissions, you can layer additional permissions to individual users. Adding options to the following categories will limit the users view to only those included. If you leave these blank, they will have access to all.
- Connections: Select the billing connections that the user can see reporting and customer information for.
- Order Tracking: Limits user to only seeing a specific Tracking1 parameter via API connection. If you'd like to expand this to additional tracking parameters, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IP Whitelist: Restricts user access to specific IP addresses.
Use Case Examples for adding Other Restrictions:
Affiliate Partner Reporting Example: We want to allow affiliate partners to log in and see only their sales across select marketing reports.
- How to: Create an Affiliate Group and determine which reports they have access to. Then set their Individual User permissions to restrict access to only their Order Tracking Affiliate ID/Name.
IP Login Restrictions Example: We only want Agents to login from our office.
- How to: Add an IP Whitelist for your office's IP address and assign to each individual agent.
Active: By default, the user is set to active. If you inactivate a user they will no longer be able to log in with their credentials. Users are automatically deactivated if they haven't logged in 3 months.
Notes: Include any information you want to be associated with why this user is being given access.
Select the Submit button and an email will be sent to the user to set up their new password.